We are looking for a specialist in a field of:
Water resources monitoring and management, water resources and water quality protection, hydrology
to conduct 60 hours of lectures and classes for the second-cycle students in the period from 03 October 2022 to 27 January 2023 as part of the following subjects:
- Monitoring, forecasting and protection of water resources – core subject – 30 h
- Monitoring and assessment of surface water bodies on example of Kazakhstan – elective subject – 30h
at the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, SGGW.
The main objectives of the project:
The project aims to improve the competitiveness of Kazakhstan and Poland in the field of engineering and water management education and science. In a situation of progressing climate change, graduates with knowledge of water issues in the agricultural landscape and protected areas (Poland) as well as in areas with drying reservoirs (Kazakhstan) are becoming sought-after experts all over the World. The planned activities are directed at:
- expanding the knowledge of an integral approach to water management during the times of environmental threats and climate change,
- sharing the experiences of both countries in the field through educating second-cycle students,
- improving the competences of teaching staff and students.
The objectives of the project were determined on the basis of a comprehensive analysis of the situation regarding the labour market conditions, educational strategies of the Ministry, the SGGW Strategy 2020, as well as the educational needs expressed by students and the interests of the project partner.
Description of the project’s task:
Conducting classes using traditional and distance learning methods and techniques. The subject of classes conducted by visiting professors should be directly related to the research and teaching experience of the visiting professor, and with the valid study program.
In particular, the program of both subjects is required to include references to the situation of water deficit and water management methods in the event of water shortages, referring to the problems occurring in Kazakhstan. During the classes, the following issues should be taken into account:
- Natural conditions and features of the formation of water resources
- The system of observation and control of the state of water resources
- Reduction of ecological functions of water bodies
- Geo-ecological assessment of the transformation of pollutants in the river
- Use of water resources by economic sectors
- Consequences of irrational use of water resources
- Water Issues. The Aral Sea Basin
- Water management organization and its levels
- International conventions and agreements on the use and protection of transboundary rivers
- Information Management in the field of water use and water resources protection
- Changes in the hydrological regime of rivers under the influence of anthropogenic factors (tasks for students)
- Water quality criteria
- Environmental assessment of water management activities (case for the topic)
- Analysis of the impact of enterprises on the state of water resources
- Transboundary problems in the context of large river basins
- Kazakhstan’s experience in regulating the use and protection of water resources of river basins
conducting of 60 teaching classes
Skills and experience:
the title of professor or university professor
Deadline for submitting documentation: 26 September 2022
Documents required: resume, cover letter, declaration of citizenship status (other than Polish), certified photocopy of a document confirming holding the academic title of professor or employment as a professor at another university, the most important scientific achievements, including a list of recent publications, should be sent to the following address:
dr hab. Jarosław Chormański, prof. SGGW (jaroslaw_chormański@sggw.edu.pl)
Duration: 01 October 2022 – 30 January 2023
PLN 348 for conducting one class, in total: PLN 20,880
Contact: dr hab. Jarosław Chormański, prof. SGGW (jaroslaw_chormański@sggw.edu.pl)
We reserve the right to answer selected applications only.
- The Mandator, acting as a personal data controller within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as ”GDPR”), informs that it will process the personal data provided by the Mandatary and related to its representatives and/or attorneys, contact persons and persons authorized by it to sign all statements for and on behalf of the Mandator relating to the performance of the Contract in question, for the purpose and to the extent necessary for the proper performance of the subject of the Contract.
- The Mandatary declares that it has been informed that:
- a) The Data Controller of your personal data shall be the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, ul. Nowoursynowska 166, 02-787 Warsaw, hereinafter referred to as: ”the Data Controller”;
- b) The Data Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in all matters related to the processing of personal data and the exercise of rights by the data subjects under the GDPR at their e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- c) All personal data obtained in connection with the conclusion and performance of this Contract shall be processed pursuant to Article 6 section 1 letter b) of the GDPR – for the purpose of fulfilling the terms and conditions of the Contract, Article 6 section 1 letter f) of the GDPR – for the purpose of securing and asserting possible claims resulting from the Contract or defending against such claims, verification of data in public registers, contacting in matters related to the performance of the Contract as legally legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller, Article 6 section 1 letter c) of the GDPR – for the purpose of fulfilling legal obligations incumbent on the Data Controller;
- d) The recipients of your data shall be entities and bodies, to whom the Data Controller is obliged or authorized to make personal data available on the basis of generally applicable provisions of law, as well as entities to whom the Data Controller will entrust the processing of personal data on the basis of a relevant agreement in connection with the services provided by the aforementioned entity to the Data Controller, and which guarantee due execution of the objectives referred to in point c) above;
- e) Personal data shall be stored for the period necessary to perform the Contract, and thereafter for the period and to the extent required by the generally applicable provisions of law or to secure and pursue possible claims and to defend against such claims;
- f) Data subjects have the right to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of the aforementioned personal data, the right to object to the processing of the data;
- g) Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the territory of the Republic of Poland this authority is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection;
- h) providing personal data is voluntary but necessary for the conclusion and execution of this Contract.
i) Your personal data shall not be subject to automated decision-making process and shall not be profiled