- Title of master’s degree in biotechnology, chemistry, biology or similar,
- Qualification for the doctoral school of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) (details of recruitment: https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/home/science/doctoral-school/recruitment/) – this will be followed after recruitment procedure to the project.
- Experience in working in the field of bioinformatics, Linux environment, working knowledge of programming
- Knowledge in molecular biology and NGS data (transcriptomics, and miRNA especially)
- Good English language skills (written and spoken) that allows to work freely with written sources and prepare publications and conference presentations
- Strong motivation for scientific work, full commitment to the implementation of planned tasks, creativity in solving problems, independence, ability to work in a team.
Description of tasks:
Active participation in scientific and research work carried out as part of the OPUS-19 project of the National Science Center, headed by dr inż. Magdalena Pawełkowicz – Cucumber multi-omics data integration to characterize the mechanisms of sex determination influenced by climate. The duties of the scholarship holder will include, among others: bioinformatic analysis of NGS data (miRNA and RNA-seq) and their verification, target prediction and annotation, data integration, verification of bioinformatic analysis by qPCR, statistics of obtained resulted, analysis of results, preparation of reports and scientific publications, active promotion of the project and the obtained results, preparation of a doctoral dissertation. According to the rules of the competition, the project must be completed with a doctoral degree within 12 months of the completion of the project.
NCN call for proposals type: OPUS 19 NZ9
Deadline for submitting offers: July 18, 2021, 00:00
The form of submitting offers: email: email@example.com
Conditions of employment:
Salary: monthly OPUS 19 doctoral scholarship: PLN 3,500 / month
Date of commencement of work: October 1, 2021
Duration: June 30, 2025
CANDIDATES ARE ASKED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) curriculum vitae (containing: contact details, the course of previous education and laboratory practice),
2) a copy of the document confirming the award of the professional title of MSc
3) a list of works published or accepted for publication, documents confirming the professional experience gained (courses, training, certificates);
4) documents certifying knowledge of English language of at least B2 level
Candidates’ applications will be assessed in accordance with par. 14 of the Regulations on awarding scholarships in research projects financed by the National Science Center (https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2016/uchwala96_2016-zal1.pdf), applicable to OPUS 19 competitions.
Recruitment is a two-stage process and includes 1) assessment of candidates’ documentation and 2) interview with selected candidates. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. We do not return the submitted documents.
In the case of qualifying for the project for the position of a PhD student, the candidate will have to complete the formalities in accordance with the requirements of the doctoral school https://www.sggw.edu.pl/en/home/science/doctoral-school/recruitment/. The documents should be completed from 23 August to 3 September 2021.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Please include the following statement in your CV:
I consent to the processing of my personal data by the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, in order to participate in recruitment processes, in accordance with art. 13 sec. 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
Please be advised that any personal data that will be provided by you in the recruitment procedure for the position of a doctoral student – scholarship holder (s) by the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) will be processed by WULS-SGGW in order to conduct the above-mentioned recruitment procedure in accordance with art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on the protection of data) (Journal of Laws of the EU of 2016 No. L 119, p. 1), hereinafter referred to as the GDPR. The administrator of Personal Data is the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, with its registered office at Nowoursynowska 166, 02-787 Warsaw. Personal data will be stored until the end of the recruitment procedure conducted by WULS-SGGW. At SGGW, a Data Protection Inspector has been appointed to supervise the correctness of personal data processing. In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, we would like to inform you that you have the right to access, rectify, transfer and delete your data from SGGW as the Personal Data Administrator, as well as limit data processing and lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.